Partner, Immediate Past Chair, Corporate Department
Member, Executive Committee
Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group
Mr. Davis represents small to medium size business enterprises, both publicly and closely held in diverse areas including manufacturing, retailing, distribution and service. He advises clients on a full range of matters including financing, relations with suppliers, customers and non-union staff, securities, business planning, and the purchase and sale of businesses and related business assets. Mr. Davis handles franchise, distribution and trade regulation matters, and problems associated with the dissolution of business entities. In alternative dispute resolution matters, he has a particular focus on four dispute areas: business divorces, post-acquisition disputes, corporate governance disputes, and franchise terminations.
Professional Activities / Honors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1987, in the Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law categories.
- Listed in Chambers USA - America’s Leading Lawyers for Business since 2003, in the Corporate/M&A practice area.
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers since 2005, in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice area.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent.
- Active Neutral on the Commercial Panel of the American Arbitration Association.
- Member (1995 - 2008), Life Member (2008 - present) of the Board of Trustees of Monmouth University, Member of its Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Legal Committee, Human Resources Committee and Committee on Trustees (Past Chair).
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the St. Barnabas Corporation (1999 - present) and Member of the Compliance Committee and Nominating and Governance Committee.
- Member of the Monmouth Medical Center Board of Trustees (1996-2009, 2010-present) and Chair (2004-2006).
- Member of the Monmouth Medical Center Foundation Board of Trustees (1993-2009) and Chair (1996-1998); Honorary Member (2008 - present)
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
- Member of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- Served as one of two Governor’s Representatives on the Board of Trustees of the Public Employees Retirement System of New Jersey (1995 - 2002).
- Co-author, “The New Protest Statute: Some Observations One Year After Adoption,” New Jersey Auto Retailer magazine, Summer 2012.
- Author, "Buyer Beware: Buyer's Assumption of Seller's Ordinary Liabilities In Asset Purchases," Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, October 1998.
- Author, "Potential Pitfalls of Corporate Distributions," Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, October 1997.
- Author, "Partnering Means...?" Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, October 1996.
- 1966 - 1967
U.S. Army, AG Corps
Rank: 1st Lt. promoted to Captain
- New Jersey, 1965
- New York, 1983
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1965