Partner, Tax, Trusts & Estates Department
Mr. Feinberg's practice focuses on estate planning, wills and trusts, elder law, planning for long term care, estate administration, tax and business planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and tax controversies.
Professional Activities / Honors
- Member of the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel.
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the Elder Law and Trusts and Estates categories.
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers in the Estate Planning and Probate practice area.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent.
- Co-Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- Trustee of the Greater Middlesex-Somerset Estate Planning Council.
- Member of the Taxation Committee; Real Property, Trust and Probate Section; and Elder Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
- President of the Woodbridge Rotary Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
- Past president of the Tri-County Estate Planning Council.
- Former vice chair of the Elder Law Committee of the Section of General Practice of the American Bar Association.
- Past chair of the Probate and Trust Section of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
Publications / Articles / Presentations
- Presenter, “What to Do When Faced With A Nursing Home or Other Long Term Care Situation,” New Jersey Association of Legal Administrators Workshop, April 26, 2011.
- Presenter, “Medicaid Myths and Planning,” Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, June 23, 2010.
- Presenter, “What to Do When Faced With A Nursing Home or Other Long Term Care Situation,” Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, February 23, 2010.
- Author, "Elder Law Comes of Age," New Jersey Business Magazine, November 2004.
- Author, Asset Protection Planning For Nursing Home Care," The Jewish State, May 1999.
- Author, “Medicaid After OBRA ‘93 As It Impacts on Long-Term Care Planning,” New Jersey Lawyer, October 1994.
- Author, “Using the $125,000 Exclusion,” ABA General Practice Update, April 1991.
- Author, “Healthy Financial Planning for Nursing Home Care,” New Jersey Lawyer, January/February 1991.
- Author, “A Financial Planner for Nursing Home Care,” New Jersey Law Journal, August 24, 1989.
- Author, “Basis of Inherited Property,” Benders Federal Tax Service, 1989
- Author, “Requirements and Structuring of Like-Kind Exchanges,” Middlesex County Bar Journal, April 1989.
- Author, “Impact of the Tax Reform Act of 1986,” Ch. 19 in Volume 5, P. Rohan, Real Estate Financing, 1987.
- Co-Author, “Impact of the Tax Reform Act of 1984 Upon Real Estate Transactions,” Sectoin 2.06 in Volume 4, P. Rohan, Real Estate Financing, 1985.
- Mr. Feinberg is a frequent lecturer and author on tax, estate planning and elder law topics. Included in his lecturing have been several appearances at the New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting and numerous appearances before various chapters of the New Jersey and New York CPA Societies.
- New Jersey, 1981
- New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1981