Partner, Litigation Department
Partner, Real Estate Department
Member, Community Association Practice Group
Member, Planned Real Estate Practice Group
Mr. Sirot has substantial experience representing individuals and businesses in all aspects of civil litigation, including corporate and partnership disputes, complex commercial litigation, trial and equity practice. In addition, Mr. Sirot maintains an emphasis on community association law and provides numerous homeowners associations, condominium associations and cooperatives with a full range of legal advice and services. Mr. Sirot has extensive experience in all aspects of common interest communities, including the transition of a community from developer to unit owner control, interpretation and drafting of master deed and by-law provisions, promulgation of rules and regulations together with a significant involvement with alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) procedures and other matters necessary for the proper legal administration of a community association. Moreover, Mr. Sirot’s litigation emphasis is ideally suited to the prosecution of construction defect lawsuits and all other litigation matters in the field of community association law, including the aggressive pursuit of delinquent assessments.
Professional Activities / Honors
- Recipient of the Author of the Year and Speaker of the Year Awards from the Community Associations Institute - New Jersey Chapter (2013).
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers - New Jersey Rising Stars in the Real Estate practice area (2013).
- Member of the Essex County Bar Association.
- Member of the Community Associations Institute - New Jersey Chapter.
- Former Chair and Trustee of the Young Lawyers Section of the Essex County Bar Association.
- Recipient of the Essex County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Achievement Award (2008).
- Former intern to the Honorable Ronald J. Hedges, United States Magistrate Judge.
- While attending Rutgers University, he was inducted into the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society.
- While attending law school, Mr. Sirot served as editor-in-chief of the Rutgers Law Record.
Publications / Articles / Presentations
- Author, "Don't Sign that Proposal," Community Trends, November 2012.
- Presenter, "Managing Through the Current Economic Crisis," Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter Seminar, Rossmoor Community Association, Monroe Township, NJ, June 2012.
- Presenter, "Budgeting in These Challenging Economic Times," Wilkin & Guttenplan P.C. Webinar, September 20, 2011.
- Presenter, “Improving Collections for Homeowner Associations,” Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, May 18, 2011.
- Presenter, “Community Associations in an Electronic World,” Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter Seminar, Rossmoor Community Association, Monroe Township, NJ, December 2010.
- Author, "Best Practices for Collecting Delinquent Receivables," Community Property Advisor, Winter 2008.
- Author, "Get Out Your Checkbooks: All Existing High-Rises May Be Required to Retrofit Fire Sprinklers," Community Trends, 2008.
- New Jersey, 2003
- New York, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2003