My approach to this very unique area of the law is one of advocacy, sensitivity to the issues at play, and a commitment to ensuring that matters are resolved both expeditiously and cost-effectively. I take great pride and care in helping my clients overcome the obstacles that life brings to them and regain their stability.
Mr. Serviss concentrates his litigation practice on matrimonial and family law. He has extensive experience in all aspects of the practice of family law, including divorce, prenuptial agreements, business and other asset valuations, custody and visitation, child support, alimony and equitable distribution, and domestic violence matters. Mr. Serviss provides representation at trial and in mediations and arbitrations, including post-judgment enforcement and modification proceedings.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Super Lawyers New Jersey – Rising Stars (a Thompson Reuters business) in the Family Law practice area (2006 – 2007, 2012)
- Included by the New Jersey Law Journal (a publication of ALM Media Properties, LLC) on its 2010 "40 Under 40" list (now "New Leaders of the Bar")
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section; Executive Committee
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Essex County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Associate Editor, New Jersey Family Lawyer (published by the NJSBA Family Law Section)
- Former Associate Editor, Seton Hall Law Review (1995 – 1996)
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, March 17, 2011
- Presenter, Nuts and Bolts of Divorce, Part ISponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, February 17, 2011
- Presenter, What Every Attorney Should Know About Pendente Lite ApplicationsSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, August 2010
- Presenter on the topic of Domestic ViolenceSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, April 2009
- Presenter on the topic of Domestic ViolenceSponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association, March 2009
- Presenter, Real Estate ExpertsSponsor: American Trial Lawyers Association, August 2008
- Presenter on the topic of Civil UnionsSponsor: New Jersey State Bar Association, September 2007
Publications & Alerts
- Author, The Evolution of the ‘Entire Controversy Doctrine’ and Its Enduring Effects on the Attorney Client-Relationship: What a Long Strange Trip It Has BeenSeton Hall Constitutional Law Journal, (1999)
- Author, Circle Chevrolet Co. v. Giordano, Halleran & Cielsa: Joinder of Parties Requirement of the Entire Controversy Doctrine Applies to A Client's Legal Malpractice Claims Against an Attorney, Even When the Attorney is Currently Representing the Client in the Underlying TransactionSeton Hall Law Review, (1995)