When someone asks me what I do, I simply say ‘I help people,’ whether it’s making sure their last wishes are fulfilled through proper estate planning or resolving their problems with the Internal Revenue Service. I’ve always enjoyed helping people plan their futures and fix their past, and my practice allows me to do that.
Ms. Gambale concentrates her practice in the area of estate planning, wills and trusts, estate administration, and tax planning, controversy, and litigation. Her estate planning experience ranges from simple wills to complex plans for high net-worth families and individuals. She represents individual and business clients in federal tax audits, collection, and controversy matters before the Internal Revenue Service and in the United States Tax Court. She has also successfully represented clients in the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program.
Ms. Gambale has also handled a wide variety of corporate transactions, including the formation, operation and dissolution of business entities, mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases, buy-sell agreements, employment agreements, and deferred compensation plans.
Activities & Experience
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Member, California State Bar, Taxation Section; Executive Committee Member (2011 – 2014); Past Chair, Corporate and Pass-Through Entities Committee (2010 – 2011)
- Past Co-Chair, San Diego County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trusts & Probate Section; (2008 – 2009)
- Former judicial intern to The Honorable David Laro, United States Tax Court (1993)
- Notes Editor, Georgetown American Criminal Law Review
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, LLCs and LLPs, Formation and OperationSponsor: Lorman Education Seminars
Publications & Alerts
- New Temporary Treasury Regulations Affecting Deduction and Capitalization of Tangible Property ExpendituresGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, May 2012
- Co-Author, Partnerships, LLCs And LLPs: Organization And OperationLorman Education Service, 2006
- Past Co-Editor in Chief, California Tax Lawyer
- Past Articles Editor, California Tax Lawyer
University of San Diego School of Law, LL.M., 1997
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1994
New York University, B.A., 1989
- New Jersey, 2014
- New York, 1999
- California, 1999
- United States Tax Court, 1999