During my long tenure at Hovnanian Enterprises, the Greenbaum firm was my "go to" law firm for sophisticated land use and real estate matters. I am proud to be associated with this outstanding group of professionals and to be of assistance to the firm's clients. My role as Director of the Kislak Real Estate Institute at Monmouth University enables me to be a voice on important real estate policy issues, and I'm excited to bring that experience and voice to the firm.
Mr. Reinhart is the Director of the Kislak Real Estate Institute at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, NJ. In 2015, he became the first recipient of the Arthur and Dorothy Greenbaum and Robert Ferguson/New Jersey REALTORS Endowed Chair in Real Estate Policy in the Leon Hess Business School. The endowed chair was named in honor of the late Robert Ferguson, who served as executive vice president of New Jersey REALTORS for nearly 40 years, and our senior partner Arthur M. Greenbaum, who received the first Monmouth University Kislak Real Estate Institute Leadership Excellence Award in 1994.
An influential and highly regarded member of New Jersey's professional real estate community, Mr. Reinhart enjoyed a 30-plus year career at Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., most recently in the role of Senior Vice President and General Counsel. He joined Monmouth University on a full-time basis in 2011.
As a specialist professor in Monmouth University's Real Estate program at the Kislak Institute, and as NJAR/Greenbaum/Ferguson Professor of Real Estate Policy, Mr. Reinhart teaches classes at both the undergraduate and MBA levels, including courses in Real Estate Development, Lease Analysis and Negotiation, Real Estate Law, Business Law, Redevelopment, and Constitutional Law. He also moderates an annual lecture series that has featured high profile speakers such as former White House counsel John Dean, and which has focused on important events such as the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Leon Hess Business School's Service Excellence Award (2012)
- Recipient of the Community YMCA's Distinguished Service Award (2011)
- Recipient of the Kislak Real Estate Institute's Leadership Excellence Award (2010)
- Recipient of the American Heart Association's Humanitarian Award (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.)
Real Estate Industry:
- Chair, Board of Trustees, New Jersey Future
- Member, Regional Plan Association; Steering Committee for the Fourth Regional Plan (Metro NYC area)
- Member, NAIOP NJ; member of judging panel for NAIOP NJ Deal of the Year awards
- Former member, New Jersey Council on Affordable Housing (COAH) (1993 - 2004)
- Past President, New Jersey Builders Association (1995)
- Past President, New Jersey Shore Builders Association (1991)
- Past President, Community Associations Institute New Jersey chapter (1988)
- Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, Hackensack Meridian Health (2016 - present)
- Founding Director, New Jersey Spotlight (2010 - present)
- Immediate Past Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, Meridian Health Corporation (2013 - 2016)
- Past Chair, Board of Trustees, Meridian Hospital Corporation (2010 - 2012); Member, Board of Trustees (2002 - 2012)
- Past Chair, Board of Trustees, Community Foundation of New Jersey, Inc. (2009 - 2013); Member, Board of Trustees (2003 - 2013)
More Activities & Experience
- Mr. Reinhart is a Director of Four Springs Capital, a private REIT
- Throughout his career, Mr. Reinhart has written numerous articles for real estate industry trade publications and has lectured for groups including the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey Builders Association, the National Association of Home Builders, the New Jersey League of Municipalities, Rutgers-Camden School of Law and the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University