Daniel Flynn, a member of the firm’s Environmental Department, will be a speaker at an upcoming Middlesex County Bar Association seminar. “All About the New Jersey Spill Compensation and Control Act” will be held on November 23, 2015, from 9:00am – 11:00am, at the MCBA offices in New Brunswick, NJ.
Mr. Flynn and his co-presenters will cover a broad range of environmental issues that can impact practitioners in the areas of real estate, land use, redevelopment, corporate law, insurance and municipal/public entity law. Topics to be addressed include:
- An overview of the Spill Act and subsequent amendments
- Important case law
- How the courts have interpreted the Spill Act
- Scope and assignment of liability
- Who is an “innocent purchaser”
- Due diligence
- Contribution claims
- The purchase of businesses that handle hazardous materials, including dry cleaners, gas stations and oil companies
- Litigation and settlement
Mr. Flynn counsels clients on the environmental aspects of real property and business transactions, site remediation projects, environmental litigation management and avoidance, and compliance with environmental health and safety regulations and environmental statutes.
Additional program information is available online at: http://www.mcbalaw.com/events/event_details.asp?id=655833