Thomas J. Denitzio, Jr., co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department, will lecture on the topic of Real Property Tax Appeals at a Real Estate Practice Seminar hosted by the Middlesex County Bar Association and sponsored by Foundation Title. The program will be held on Thursday, March 3, 2016 from 5:00 – 7:00pm at the offices of the MCBA in New Brunswick.
Mr. Denitzio will present on the taxpayer side, with co-speaker Daria Ann Venezia (Venezia & Nolan) covering the taxing district side of the issues, which include:
- Determining whether an appeal is warranted
- Filing and prosecuting/defending a county tax board appeal
- Hearings before the county tax board
- Filing and prosecuting/defending a tax court appeal
- Trials before the Tax Court
- Municipal Defenses: Chapter 91; Non-payment of Taxes/Municipal Charges
- Appraisal reports
- Recent decisions
Mr. Denitzio's practice focuses on the sale, acquisition, leasing and mortgage financing of commercial and industrial real estate holdings. He also represents clients in commercial property tax appeals, mortgage foreclosures and workouts, tax sale certificate foreclosures and condemnation valuation hearings. He is a past President of the Middlesex County Bar Association and recipient of its 2014 Transactional Practice Award.
Additional program information and registration details are available here.