The firm’s Employment Law Practice Group focuses on employment law counseling and litigation, primarily for management. The group services clients in both the private and public sectors.
Our employment attorneys provide representation in state and federal courts, before administrative agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (DCR), and in arbitration proceedings. The firm’s employment litigation experience encompasses the defense of a wide variety of claims, including those related to discrimination, sexual and other types of harassment, unlawful retaliation, whistleblower, wrongful discharge, contract issues, workplace torts, and wage and hour disputes. Our attorneys also handle disputes involving issues under employment and employment-related agreements, including the enforceability of restrictive covenants, and non-competition and non-solicitation provisions.
A significant part of the group’s practice involves counseling with regard to employment practices, compliance issues and risk management. Day-to-day work on behalf of clients includes advising on employment policies including hiring and discharge, issues in the workplace and worker classification matters. Our attorneys assist with the negotiation and drafting of employment contracts, employee handbooks, restrictive covenants, and non-competition, severance and other agreements. In addition, members of the group conduct human resources audits, perform investigations, and develop management and employee training programs covering all aspects of employment-related issues, including anti-harassment policies and the use of social media and other electronic communications.
Attorneys in this practice area have significant experience litigating and providing practical advice on employment and benefits issues at both the federal and state levels, including those arising under:
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Federal and New Jersey Family Leave Acts (FMLA and NJFLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- New Jersey Wage and Hour Laws and Regulations
- Federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) and Millville Dallas Airmotive Plant Job Loss Notification Act (NJ WARN)
The firm’s Employment Law Practice Group members work closely with our employee benefits and tax attorneys on the design and implementation of both broad-based and senior level employee benefits programs. These include equity based compensation arrangements and all types of incentive and deferred compensation arrangements.
- T. email@example.com