Lead and succeed.
Achieving success as a leader in the business world isn't easy. It takes skill, focus, and determination. Having a powerful network of contacts and a strong support system can make a tremendous difference as well.
Although women continue to make great strides towards leadership in the professional arena, the so-called “glass ceiling” is still very much a reality, and the pursuit of equality in career opportunity and professional advancement remains complicated.
The Women’s Leadership Forum (WLF) at Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis was founded in 2008 to empower women to reach their full potential by encouraging them to lead in their chosen life path. Our mission is to support professional growth and the attainment of personal goals for all women, both here at the firm and throughout New Jersey’s business community at large.
Consistent with that mission, our WLF presents and sponsors educational sessions, mentoring programs and networking opportunities throughout each year. The programs are selected to address issues of interest to a broad range of professional women from a variety of backgrounds.
Past program topics have included:
- Leadership and management skills
- Business development and networking strategies
- Work/life balance issues
- Negotiation techniques
- Effective mentoring
- Time and project management skills
- Nutrition, wellness and stress management
- Personal finance and wealth management
- Social media usage in the workplace
- Sexual harassment
- Corporate social responsibility
- Social security and strategies for maximizing benefits
- Public speaking
- Career and life coaching
- Implicit/unconscious bias
- Tips for a professional wardrobe
The WLF is guided by the following attorneys as members of its Steering Committee:
|Nancy Isaacson||Emily A. Kaller||Jemi Goulian Lucey|
Enterprising Women: The Business Leaders of Today and Tomorrow