As a young lawyer, I appreciate that my ability to be an effective communicator is at the heart of what I bring to the table when working with both my colleagues and the clients we represent. Every conversation I engage in is a learning experience that provides me with opportunities to better understand the needs and goals of each individual client, which is the bottom line when it comes to providing strong representation.
Mr. Raap concentrates his practice in the area of commercial litigation.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of a merit based Chancellor Scholarship at Seton Hall University School of Law
- Recipient of an award for Outstanding Contribution as a student advocate to the Immigrants' and International Human Rights Clinic at the Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice
Mr. Raap provided strong support as a member of the firm's litigation team that successfully obtained summary judgment in New Jersey Superior Court on behalf of the firm’s client, an accountant who investigated an Israeli company involved in operating movie theaters in Israel. Our client conducted a comprehensive financial review of the company, during which he uncovered allegedly fraudulent activity including unapproved loans and the issuance of unrecorded checks as loan collateral. After reporting his findings to the company, the company CEO accused the accountant of defamation, tortious interference, participating in a civil conspiracy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress based on alleged conduct that occurred during the course of the investigation. After reviewing the briefs and hearing the firm’s argument, the Court agreed with the firm’s motion and dismissed all claims against the accountant. More about this case here.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
Pupil, Brennan Vanderbilt American Inn of Court
More Activities & Experience
- Student advocate, Seton Hall Law Center for Social Justice, Immigrants' Rights and International Human Rights Clinic (2018)
- Former judicial intern to The Hon. Brian R. Martinotti, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2017)
- Former judicial intern to The Hon. Madeline Cox Arleo, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2017)
- Former intern in the Office of Counsel to the Governor, State of New Jersey, Office of the Governor (2016)
- While attending law school, Mr. Raap was Notes Editor of the Seton Hall Legislative Journal (2017-2018). He was also a member of the Interscholastic Moot Court Board, the SHU Law Mentor Program, the Immigration Law Society, the Employment Law Forum, and the Corporate Law Society
Publications & Alerts
- Author, Governor Murphy Signs New Legislation to Protect Employees Who Take Time Off From Work Due to COVID-19 SymptomsGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 23, 2020
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2018
The College of New Jersey, B.A., cum laude, 2015
- New Jersey, 2018
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2020
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Jose L. Fuentes, Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division (2018-2019)