My passion for playing and coaching soccer has taught me to educate, improvise, compete and win. The opportunity to apply these life lessons to a client’s legal needs inspires me as a lawyer.
Mr. Giountikos represents businesses and real estate owners, developers, landlords and tenants. His practice encompasses the formation, operation, purchase, sale, leasing, financing and refinancing of businesses and real estate ventures. He has structured, negotiated and closed numerous complex industrial, commercial and multiple unit residential real estate and business transactions.
Mr. Giountikos regularly conducts extensive due diligence, including land use, title, survey, registration and licensing, relating to the acquisition of New Jersey real estate by national clients. He is especially experienced in transactions involving multiple unit and mixed use properties, including restaurants.
A native speaker of Greek, Mr. Giountikos has been active in several Greek-American cultural, professional and business organizations.
- Representation of the owner of a large manufactured mobile homes park in an $800,000 refinance transaction with time-sensitive loan payoff and closing deadlines. The firm's work included the review and updating of the client’s corporate organizational documents, review of title searches and loan documents, preparation and delivery of an opinion letter and attendance at closing of the loan.
- Representation of a well-known restaurant business in the leasing of commercial retail space for the establishment of a second location, including the transfer of a pocket liquor license owned by the landlord. The firm’s work included the review, negotiation and revision of the lease agreement proposed by the landlord and preparation and filing with the licensing municipality of the ABC application for transfer of the liquor license.
- As a member of the firm’s real estate team, worked on the sale of the Woodbridge Hilton to WBCMT, a securitized lender. The sale was part of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of Inn at Woodbridge Inc. in which the firm represented the debtor.
Played a key role in the firm’s representation of the Camden Redevelopment Agency in its negotiations with the Salvation Army for the remediation, acquisition and redevelopment of a former 85-acre landfill in Camden. The location is now the site of the 120,000 square foot Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center, which has brought employment opportunities, a broad range of recreational facilities and numerous additional benefits to the predominantly low-income local community since opening in October of 2014. Mr. Giountikos handled the closing for the sale of the property. The firm’s attorneys also handled the negotiation of a redevelopment agreement for the project and the negotiation of an environmental remediation agreement for the property. Our press release is available here.
- Member, Greek American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- First Vice President, Pan-Karpathian Foundation, Inc.
More Activities & Experience
- While attending law school, Mr. Giountikos served as co-chairman of the International Law Society
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Moderator, Representing Parties in Multiple Unit and Mixed Use Property TransactionsSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 2008
Publications & Alerts
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP 2018 Real Estate Update: Trending Issues & Topics of Interest, February 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, February 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2017
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2016
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2015
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1984
Pennsylvania State University, with distinction, B.A., 1980
- New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1984