In litigation, every case is like entering a labyrinth with equity nestled at its end. I see litigation as an opportunity to help clients sharpen their creativity in problem solving and risk mitigation. Ultimately, the reward of hard fought dispute resolution is counting more subscribers to equity at the end.
Ms. Hinton concentrates her practice in civil litigation, including commercial business disputes, liability defense, and administrative law including regulatory disputes.
Prior to joining the firm. Ms. Hinton served as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Division of Law in the Personnel, Community Affairs, and Elections Section. In that role, she represented and advised the Department of Community Affairs and the Department of State in state contracting, tort liability, employment, and regulatory enforcement actions, appearing before all three levels of the New Jersey Judiciary.
As an active member (and current President) of the Association of Black Women Lawyers of New Jersey, Ms. Hinton has led a variety of special initiatives for the organization, most notably establishing the Young Lawyers Division and its Annual Law Student Forum for Professional Development.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Association of Black Women Lawyers of New Jersey's 2017 President's Award
- While attending law school, Ms. Hinton was a contributor to the Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal
- President, Association of Black Women Lawyers of New Jersey (2018-2019); member and former Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division; Chair, Young Lawyers Division Annual Law Student Forum for Professional Development; former Member at Large for Central New Jersey
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Minorities in the Profession Section; Women in the Profession Section; Young Lawyers Division
- Member, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- Member, Garden State Bar Association
More Activities & Experience
- Member, National Bar Association
- Ms. Hinton currently serves on the firm's Diversity Committee
- While attending law school, Ms. Hinton served as an intern at Verizon, Inc. Corporate Legal Services, and in the Office of Technology Commercialization at Rutgers University
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Participant, On the Basis of Sex: Viewing of the Movie Plus Discussion re: Ruth Bader Ginsberg’s Fight for Women’s RightsSponsor: NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 21, 2019
Rutgers University School of Law-Newark, J.D., 2013
Stevens Institute of Technology, B.S., 2009
- New Jersey, 2013
- New York, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2018