I always focus on establishing clear communication with my clients, because communication is the root of a positive working relationship. My ability to develop, communicate and implement effective strategies, in combination with my experience in representing a broad spectrum of clients, are my greatest strengths as a lawyer.
Mr. Hilzer focuses his practice on complex litigation. His diverse experience includes commercial litigation matters, white-collar criminal investigations and federal regulatory inquiries. His practice also includes the representation of community associations. Mr. Hilzer is experienced in all stages of the litigation process, from initiation through appeal. He has handled matters in both state and federal courts.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of The Actum Foundation Prize for distinguished work in the area of Banking, Corporate and Finance Law, upon graduation from Fordham University School of Law’s LL.M. program in 2013
- Mr. Hilzer is a key member of the firm's litigation team defending U.S. Senator Robert Menendez against criminal allegations of public corruption and bribery brought by the federal government
Activities & Experience
- While attending law school, served as Articles Editor for The Penn State International Law Review
Fordham University School of Law, LL.M in Banking Corporate and Finance Law, magna cum laude, 2013
The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2003
Lehigh University, B.A., cum laude, 2000
- New Jersey, 2004
- New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- Former law clerk to The Honorable David B. Rand, Morris County Court, Family Division