Mr. Sarwar concentrates his practice in commercial real estate. He represents clients in connection with a wide array of commercial real estate transactions associated with the acquisition, disposition, leasing and management of commercial and industrial properties. His practice also encompasses zoning, redevelopment and related taxation matters.
Mr. Sarwar's experience includes the drafting and review of finance and access agreements, negotiating with administrative agencies and municipalities to obtain favorable permitting terms on behalf of the firm's clients, and transactional due diligence. Mr. Sarwar has also provided counsel on environmental and regulatory issues in connection with the acquisition, sale and development of contaminated properties, including those related to permitting, due diligence and land development.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey
More Activities & Experience
- Mr. Sarwar is fluent in Urdu and Punjabi
- While attending law school, Mr. Sarwar was a member of the International Law Society, the Sports Law Society, and the First Generation Professionals Association
Publications & Alerts
- Author, NJDEP Publishes Details on Registration of Permits and Approvals Tolled by Permit Extension Act of 2020Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, September 10, 2020
- Author, New Jersey Enacts Permit Extension Act of 2020 to Address Delays Caused by COVID-19 PandemicGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, July 10, 2020
- Author, Act Fast on New Grants for NJ Small Businesses: Applications Open June 9 for Phase 2 of NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance GrantsGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, June 5, 2020
- Co-Author, Second Emergency Stimulus Bill Provides Additional Funding for SBA EIDL Program; Takes Steps to Direct PPP Loan Funds to More Small BusinessesGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 29, 2020