Successful negotiation and advocacy is defined by more than an end result that yields so-called “winners and losers.” To achieve the best resolution, it is critical to understand the importance of not negotiating from the bottom line, but instead considering the big picture by effectively assessing the needs, goals, and common purpose of all involved parties. To that end, communication is key.
Mr. Chavez concentrates his practice in commercial litigation. His experience includes assisting in the representation of clients in contractual and general business matters, construction disputes, and employment issues.
Honors & Awards
- While attending law school, recipient of a Dean's Merit Scholarship and a 2020 Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey Scholarship
- Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy Staff Editor
- Mr. Chavez' law school honors also include: Center for Immigration Law, Policy and Justice Fellow and Criminal Law Teaching Fellow
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey
- Middlesex County Bar Association
More Activities & Experience
- Mr. Chavez is fluent in Spanish and has conversational fluency in Portuguese
- Mr. Chavez earned a Corporate & Business Law Certificate while attending Rutgers Law School. His law school activities included membership in the Society for Corporate Law & Governance and the Minority Student Program
- As a clinical student in the Intellectual Property Law Clinic at Rutgers Law, Mr. Chavez advised and assisted clients on IP law matters and trademark application filings with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- LatinoJustice LAWbound scholar
Rutgers University School of Law-Newark, J.D., 2021
Montclair State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2017
- New Jersey, 2022