I bring care, respect, and integrity to each of my professional and personal relationships. Using these fundamentals as a starting point, I strive to serve as a creative and responsive advocate who keeps both the forest and the trees in view. Everything for a reason. Each step toward progress.
Mr. Rand concentrates his practice on criminal and civil litigation. His experience includes complex commercial matters, white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, structured finance litigation, and securities class-actions.
Mr. Rand began his legal career as a federal law clerk and an associate at leading global law firms. Through his prior experiences, he has briefed complex substantive and procedural issues, drafted pleadings, dispositive motions and discovery motions, and served on trial teams in state and federal courts across the country.
Honors & Awards
- At the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Mr. Rand served as a Littleton Fellow (Legal Writing Instructor) in the Legal Practice Skills Program.
- Mr. Rand was a Senior Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review. His comment, Pro Se Paternalism: The Contractual, Practical, and Behavioral Cases for Automatic Reversal, was published in the Law Review during his third year.
- In recognition of his contributions to the University of Pennsylvania Law School’s pro bono program, Mr. Rand received a “Student Legacy” Award and a Pro Bono Distinguished Service Award.
- Board of Directors, Lacey Township Football Foundation, an alumni-based nonprofit organization
- Founder and organizer, Popcorn Park Zoo's "Run the Pines for Canines 5K" Race
- Former Board member, Associated Humane Societies
More Activities & Experience
- Mr. Rand helped author an amicus curiae brief submitted in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of twenty-five United States Senators.
Publications & Alerts
- Federal Courts Law Review (2016)
- Author, Carpetbagger Battle Cry: Scrutinizing Durational Residency Requirements for State and Local Elected OfficesRutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy (2016)
- Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal (2015)
- University of Pennsylvania Law Review (2014)
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Certificate in Management, 2014
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., summa cum laude, 2012
- New Jersey, 2015
- New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2017
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Alan C. Kay, U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Morton I. Greenberg, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit