As an in-house attorney prior to entering private practice, my approach is to consider not only the legal implications of a project but also to understand how the legal, operational, and financial pieces fit together to create synergy. It’s employing this perspective that allows me to provide my clients with practical and solution-oriented legal advice.
Ms. George concentrates her practice in the field of healthcare law. She has experience representing clients on healthcare transactional matters, including but not limited to the purchase and sale of physician practices, physician employment agreements, provider professional services agreements, the creation of joint ventures, and healthcare private equity transactions. Ms. George also advises clients on healthcare regulatory matters and on general healthcare matters, including matters in the areas of hospital administration, provider affiliations, strategic transactions, physician recruitment matters, healthcare information technology, clinical trial agreements, host-site facility agreements, group purchasing contracts, equipment leases, commercial property leases, business associate agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, and confidentiality agreements. She has also counseled clients on a variety of healthcare regulatory matters, including Stark, Anti-Kickback, fraud and abuse, HIPAA, licensure and certification issues, and the corporate practice of medicine.
Ms. George represents a range of healthcare clients, including for-profit and non-profit hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, laboratories, medical technology companies, telemedicine companies, medical billing companies, skilled nursing facilities, and healthcare management companies. Ms. George has also served as outside general counsel for a New Jersey healthcare system.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Health Care Law practice area (2022)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
More Activities & Experience
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Prior to entering private practice, Ms. George was Assistant General Counsel at one of New Jersey’s largest health systems, an experience that provided her with an interesting perspective on providing legal services to healthcare industry clients.
Publications & Alerts
- Garden State Focus, Spring 2021
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, January 13, 2021
- Co-Author, Title III of the CARES Act: Supporting America’s Health Care System in the Fight Against the CoronavirusGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 31, 2020
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 25, 2020
- Author, COVID-19 Healthcare Law Update: NJ Governor Phil Murphy Issues Executive Order 109; Effective Friday, March 27, 2020Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 25, 2020
- Author, AHLA Corporate Practice of Medicine: A Fifty State Survey, 2nd EditionAmerican Health Lawyers Association, January 2020
- American Bar Association Health Law Section, September 27, 2018
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2011
Duquesne University, B.A., 2008
- New Jersey, 2011
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2011
Please visit our Award Methodology page for a description of the standard or methodology on which these accolades are based. Attorney Advertising: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.