Having worked on both the legal and business fronts, I understand the challenges our clients can face. Being able to effectively negotiate on their behalf, while controlling or eliminating the “noise” that is part of the transactional process, is what drives the most rewarding aspects of my career as a lawyer.
Mr. Kay concentrates his practice in commercial and industrial real estate law, assisting clients in matters related to transactions throughout New Jersey and New York.
Mr. Kay also practices in the area of corporate law. He assists in the firm’s representation of clients in connection with the formation of corporate entities, joint ventures, intellectual property matters and various business transactions.
Mr. Kay’s background includes trademark filings, sponsorship agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and production agreements. He advises inventors, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and companies of all sizes on the protection of their assets and competitive advantage related to trademark and copyright, and assists them in adding value to their business by obtaining, maintaining, and enforcing their intellectual property rights. His work includes due diligence reviews regarding intellectual property issues in corporate transactions, and the enforcement of trademark rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kay was responsible for negotiating complex technology transactions at a leading global bank. Through this experience, he has acquired strong negotiation and problem-solving skills that lead to the successful resolution of issues.
Mr. Kay earned the ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Mr. Kay was a member of the firm's team that advised an international Fortune 500 retailer with regard to millions of square feet of development in various locales, including redevelopment areas, tax abatement (PILOT) agreements, environmental remediation, redevelopment plans, state, regional, county and local approvals, zoning permits and certifications, miscellaneous agreements, construction permitting, and assisted in drafting leasing provisions.
More Activities & Experience
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- While attending law school, served on the staff of the Community Law Clinic and as a Senior Editor for the Women's Rights Law Reporter
- Proficient in Italian
Publications & Alerts
- Co-Author, Investment Incentives in New Jersey’s Newly Designated “Opportunity Zones” Are One Step Closer to RealityGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, May 2018
- Co-Author, New Jersey Expands Medical Marijuana ProgramGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 2018
- Co-Author, Cybersecurity Issues for the Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Sectors: Are Your Leases and Other Agreements Protecting Your Assets in a Digital World?Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2018
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers, March 1, 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, February 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP 2018 Real Estate Update:Trending Issues & Topics of Interest, February 2018
- Contributor, Real Estate Leasing: New JerseyPractical Law (Thomson Reuters), 2018
- Contributor, Real Estate Ownership: New JerseyPractical Law (Thomson Reuters), 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, September 21, 2017
- Author, The French Burqa Ban: A Global Look at the Burqa Ban, Its Impact and Effects, and Whether a Growing Fear of Islam Could Lead America to Adopt French PolicyWomen's Rights Law Reporter, Rutgers School of Law - Newark, Volume 2/3, 33rd Edition, Winter/Spring 2012
Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D., 2012
University of Michigan, B.A., 2008
- New Jersey, 2013
- New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2013