Having earned a degree in engineering and an MBA in finance prior to attending law school, I am able to take a holistic approach to addressing the needs of my clients by providing business-centric solutions that consider the environmental aspects – as well as the engineering and financial impacts – of the issues at hand.
Ms. Schroeck concentrates her practice in environmental law, advising both public and private entities on issues associated with real estate and corporate transactions and in environmental litigation. She has extensive experience encompassing a broad range of environmental and land use issues, including those associated with site remediation, environmental due diligence, solid waste disposal, clean air and water regulations, insurance coverage, and environmental health and safety (EHS) compliance.
Ms. Schroeck counsels clients on matters related to federal and state environmental statutes, including the New Jersey Spill Compensation and Control Act (Spill Act), the Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA), the Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA), the Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA), the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1985 (Proposition 65), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Coastal Area Facility Review Act (CAFRA), and Environmental Justice (EJ) compliance.
In the area of Superfund litigation, Ms. Schroeck has handled multi-party matters in various federal jurisdictions, including New Jersey's Passaic River litigation. She has represented clients in administrative actions before state and federal agencies, including the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Her experience also includes responding to audit requests for environmental disclosures and providing counsel on environmental and permitting issues related to the cannabis industry.
Prior to earning her law degree, Ms. Schroeck utilized her engineering background as a project manager in the power generation industry and has considerable knowledge of matters associated with natural gas generation and power metering.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Super Lawyers - New Jersey Rising Stars (a Thomson Reuters business) in the Environmental practice area (2011-2015)
- New Jersey State Bar Association; Environmental Law Section, Treasurer; Board of Directors
More Activities & Experience
- Ms. Schroeck serves on the board of an entity that will be licensed as an Alternative Treatment Center (ATC) in New Jersey
- Fluent in Spanish
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Regional Counsel, Region II; legal intern (2004)
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division; legal intern to The Hon. Roberto Alcazar (2003)
Publications & Alerts
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alet, June 28, 2022
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Seton Hall University Stillman School of Business, M.B.A., 2002
Swarthmore College, B.S., 1997
- New Jersey, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2005
- New York, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2012