W. Raymond Felton, Chair of the Corporate Department and Co-Managing Partner of the firm, announced today that Corporate INTL, an international magazine for law and business, named GRS&D “New Jersey Corporate Law Firm of the Year.” The award is based on nominations and subsequent research from business, financial and legal leaders worldwide.
GRS&D’s Corporate Department serves a diverse client base with cost efficiency and responsiveness from clients that are start ups to large, public multinational businesses. The department has access to a cross functional team of lawyers in areas such as employment, employee benefits, real estate, white collar defense, securities, tax, mergers and acquisitions, and, if needed, litigation.
In the past year the Corporate Department has completed the following transactions:
- Acquisition of a real estate management company in New York and New Jersey - $3 million.
- New Jersey counsel in a registered exchange offer of publicly traded senior Notes - $500 million.li>
- Several private offerings of common or preferred stock by non-public, early stage companies based in New Jersey - $1.0 - $3.0 million.
- Representation of borrowers in four different asset based loan transactions. All borrowers headquartered in New Jersey with locations in six other states in the aggregate. Loan amounts ranged between $5 million and $15 million.
- U.S. Counsel to an international company with headquarters in Germany in an internal restructuring (non-financial).
- Representation of a medical technology company with respect to (a) a license and development agreement with a California based public company and (b) an exclusive distributor agreement in Japan.
- Acquisitions of two container reconditioning and recycling businesses:
- locations in Illinois, Ohio, Rhode Island and North Carolina - $15 million
- several locations in Texas - $7 million. Acquisition of a specialty food distributor in New York State - $8 million
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP has over 100 attorneys in four main practice departments, Litigation, Real Estate, Corporate, and Tax, Trusts and Estates, and 19 practice areas offering comprehensive legal services. The firm has offices located in Woodbridge and Roseland, New Jersey. For more information, call Erin P. Faltin at 732-549-5600 or visit the firm's web site at www.greenbaumlaw.com.
# # #