I became a family lawyer to help people through an emotionally and financially taxing process, and for that reason my first rule is 'do no harm.' Although I always strive to reach an amicable resolution, when litigation is necessary I do everything in my power to proceed with the least amount of distress and acrimony.
Ms. Vanides practices exclusively in the area of divorce and family law. An experienced litigator, she is also a trained family collaborative lawyer and mediator.
Ms. Vanides provides counsel related to all aspects of family law, including divorce, alimony and child support, custody and parenting time, distribution of marital assets, and post judgment modification and enforcement. She has achieved considerable success in obtaining optimal results for many of her clients through alternative dispute resolution, and strongly advocates this approach prior to entering into the litigation of family law related disputes.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Family Law practice area (2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (2016 – present)
- Listed in Super Lawyers – New Jersey Rising Stars (a Thomson Reuters business) (2006, 2007)
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Essex County Bar Association; past member, Ethics and Due Diligence Committees
- Member, New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
More Activities & Experience
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Presenter, Nuts and Bolts of Divorce, Part ISponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, February 17, 2011
Publications & Alerts
- Co-Author, End the Charade: The Time Has Come to Allow Courts to Award Limited-Duration AlimonyNew Jersey Family Lawyer, 1998
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1998
Fairleigh Dickinson University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1993
- New Jersey, 1998
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Herbert S. Glickman, New Jersey Superior Court Judge (1999 – 2000)
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Thomas P. Zampino, New Jersey Superior Court Presiding Judge (1998 – 1999)