Partner, Family Law Department
Mr. Serviss's practice focuses on negotiation and trial practice of matrimonial litigation including divorce, post judgment litigation, civil unions, child custody and visitation disputes, preparation of Property Settlement Agreements and Ante-Nuptial Agreements, and domestic violence matters.
Professional Activities / Honors
- Listed in Super Lawyers - New Jersey Rising Stars in the Family Law practice area, 2012.
- Recognized as a top “40 under 40” by the New Jersey Law Journal, 2010.
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Essex County Bar Association.
- Member of the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
- Member of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- Former Associate Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review (1995-96).
Publications / Articles / Presentations
- Presenter, "Nuts and Bolts of Divorce, Part II: Division of Property and the Effect of Bankruptcy," Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, March 17, 2011.
- Presenter, "Nuts and Bolts of Divorce, Part I," Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Webinar, February 17, 2011.
- Presenter, "What Every Attorney Should Know About Pendente Lite Applications," NJ ICLE, August 2010.
- Presenter on Domestic Violence for NJ ICLE, April 2009.
- Presenter on Domestic Violence for the New Jersey State Bar Association, March 2009.
- Presenter, "Real Estate Experts," American Trial Lawyers Association, August 2008.
- Presenter on Civil Unions for the New Jersey State Bar Association, September 2007.
- Author, "The Evolution of the Entire Controversy Doctrine and Its Enduring Affects on the Attorney Client-Relationship: What a Long Strange Trip It Has Been," Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal, (Vol. 9:779-806) .
- Author, "Circle Chevrolet Co. v. Giordano, Halleran & Cielsa: Joinder of Parties Requirement of the Entire Controversy Doctrine Applies to A Client's Legal Malpractice Claims Against an Attorney, Even When the Attorney is Currently Representing the Client in the Underlying Transaction", Seton Hall Law Review, (Vol. 26:46 ).
- Author of numerous articles published in New Jersey Family Lawyer magazine.
- New Jersey, 1996
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 1996
- United States Supreme Court, 2008