Coming from the former Yugoslavia, my experiences in that war-torn country taught me never to give up or lose sight of what is important. I use that philosophy to guide my legal practice, working to achieve my clients’ goals with focus and tenacity.
Ms. Obradovic concentrates her practice in litigation, with a particular focus in employment litigation and bankruptcy reorganization matters. She has experience in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
Ms. Obradovic’s employment litigation experience includes the defense of a variety of employment discrimination, whistleblower, wrongful discharge, and restrictive covenant claims. Her work in the area of employment counseling includes employment contract negotiations and the review and drafting of restrictive covenants, employee handbooks and employment policies. Ms. Obradovic has represented clients in litigation involving issues at the intersection of an employee’s expectation of privacy when using social media and other forms of electronic communication, and an employer’s right to maintain secure confidential information and control their employees’ productivity. She has lectured on the topic of social media and related issues for groups comprised of business owners, employees and in-house counsel.
Ms. Obradovic has experience in all aspects of the representation of Chapter 11 debtors, including her significant participation in the successful dissolution of an international corporate entity. Her work on Chapter 11 reorganizations includes all aspects of motion practice, financial analysis, counseling clients and interacting with co-counsel and court-retained bankruptcy professionals. Her experience in bankruptcy proceedings also encompasses Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filings.
Ms. Obradovic has played an integral role in the mediation of various disputes, including the drafting of formal written opinions involving complex commercial matters. She has assumed a central role in support of attorneys serving as Special Masters in complex discovery disputes.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Labor and Employment Law Section, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association Professionalism Day, October 20, 2016
- Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association, May 25, 2016
- A Close-Up Look at Two Hot Topics In the WorkplaceSponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Women's Leadership Forum, March 2, 2016
- Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, February 15, 2011
Publications & Alerts
- Author, NJ Supreme Court Holds That Statute of Limitations To Sue Under NJ Law Against Discrimination Cannot Be Contractually ShortenedGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, July 2016
- Author, Legislation Bars Employers from Conducting Criminal Background Checks During Initial Stages of HiringThe Middlesex Advocate, November 2014
- Author, Legislation Bars Employers from Conducting Criminal Background Checks During Initial Stages of Hiring ProcessGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, October 2014
- New Jersey Labor and Employment Law Quarterly, Vol. 32 No. 3,, March 2011
- Co-Author, The Single Asset Real Estate DebtorNew Jersey Law Journal, January 15, 2007
- Co-Author, U.S. Supreme Court Limits the Scope of Permissible Punitive Damages AwardsGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, Spring 2003
Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D., 2000
University of Belgrade Law School, LL.B., 1991
- New Jersey, 2000
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2000
- New York, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2011
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Douglas K. Wolfson, Superior Court, Middlesex County, New Jersey