I have the best job because I get to practice what I call ‘positive law’. By being practical, patient and creative in my work, I’m able to make a positive impact on the lives of my clients. I feel lucky to have such good clients and to enjoy coming to work every day.
Mr. Feinberg's practice focuses on estate planning, estate administration, elder law, wills and trusts, tax and business planning for individuals, corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, and tax controversies.
Mr. Feinberg serves as a strategic advisor to individuals, families, business owners, executors and trustees, counseling clients on a comprehensive range of issues within the areas of tax, trust and estate law. His work encompasses the structuring of wealth preservation strategies and the preparation of estate planning documents such as wills, living wills, powers of attorney, trust agreements and special needs trusts. Mr. Feinberg advises executors and trustees on the practical and successful administration of estates and trusts, including the minimization of estate tax liability and oversight of the will probate process. He assists clients with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies and other business entities, the preparation of buy-sell agreements, the orderly transfer of business interests from one generation to another, the structuring of real estate transactions including like-kind exchanges, and the preparation of federal and New Jersey estate tax returns and New Jersey inheritance tax returns. He represents clients in tax controversy matters before the Internal Revenue Service and the New Jersey Department of Taxation.
Mr. Feinberg has significant experience in the niche area of elder law. He guides clients through the challenges associated with planning for nursing home or other long term care needs, guardianship issues, and the facilitation of a client’s eligibility for Medicaid and related government programs and benefits.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Elder Law and Trusts and Estates practice areas (2006 – present)
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters business) in the Estate Planning and Probate practice area (2009 – present)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (1994 – present)
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Taxation Law Section, Real Property, Trust and Estate Section, Elder and Disability Law Section
- Member, Middlesex County Bar Association; Chair, Elder Law Section; Former Chair, Probate and Trust Section
- Trustee, Greater Middlesex-Somerset Estate Planning Council
- President, Woodbridge Rotary Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
- Past President, Tri-County Estate Planning Council
More Activities & Experience
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, American Bar Association; Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section; Former Vice Chair, Elder Law Committee of the Section of General Practice
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Sponsor: National Business Institute, June 20, 2016
- Sponsor: Greater Middlesex/Somerset Estate Planning Council, May 12, 2016
- Presenter, 25 Practice Tips on Estate PlanningSponsor: NJSBA Elder Law & Disability Law Section in cooperation with NJICLE, April 14, 2016
- Sponsor: Middlesex County Bar Association, December 10, 2015
- Faculty Member, Tax Planning for Trusts and EstatesSponsor: National Business Institute, December 10, 2014
- Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, June 27, 2013
- Presenter, What to Do When Faced With A Nursing Home or Other Long Term Care SituationSponsor: New Jersey Association of Legal Administrators Workshop, April 26, 2011
- Presenter, Medicaid Myths and PlanningSponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, June 23, 2010
- Presenter, What to Do When Faced With A Nursing Home or Other Long Term Care SituationSponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, February 23, 2010
Publications & Alerts
- Author, Elder Law Comes of AgeNew Jersey Business Magazine, November 2004
- Author, Asset Protection Planning For Nursing Home CareThe Jewish State, May 1999
- Author, Medicaid After OBRA ‘93 As It Impacts on Long-Term Care PlanningNew Jersey Lawyer, October 1994
- Author, Using the $125,000 ExclusionABA General Practice Update, April 1991
- Author, Healthy Financial Planning for Nursing Home CareNew Jersey Lawyer, January/February 1991
- Author, A Financial Planner for Nursing Home CareNew Jersey Law Journal, August 24, 1989
- Author, Basis of Inherited PropertyBenders Federal Tax Service, 1989
- Author, Requirements and Structuring of Like-Kind ExchangesMiddlesex County Bar Journal, April 1989
- Author, Impact of the Tax Reform Act of 1986Ch. 19 in Volume 5, P. Rohan, Real Estate Financing, 1987
- Co-Author, Impact of the Tax Reform Act of 1984 Upon Real Estate TransactionsSection 2.06 in Volume 4, P. Rohan, Real Estate Financing, 1985
New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1982
The George Washington University Law School, J.D. with honors, 1981
Bucknell University, B.A., 1978
- New Jersey, 1981
- New York, 1982
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1981
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983