In my career, I have learned the importance of compromise. I pursue a pragmatic approach to resolving conflict in order to achieve the client’s objectives efficiently and without unnecessary cost. My practice is primarily one of negotiation, with the goal of facilitating the flow of business activity by bringing order to chaos. This rewards me with great personal satisfaction.
Mr. Bruck's practice focuses primarily in the areas of bankruptcy, reorganization and insolvency. He represents debtors and other stakeholders in out of court arrangements, restructurings, state court receiverships and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. He is an approved mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey.
With a background that includes commercial foreclosures and real estate related transactions, Mr. Bruck brings a broad understanding of the interaction between borrowers, guarantors and lenders to his representation of clients in commercial matters, counseling the firm’s clients in partnership and shareholder disputes, and on issues related to financial planning.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation: Bankruptcy practice areas (2007 – present)
- Selected by Best Lawyers® (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) as 2017 Woodbridge "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation-Bankruptcy
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers (a Thompson Reuters business) in the Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights practice area (2012 – present)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (1979 – present)
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Mr. Bruck worked closely with members of our real estate group on the sale of the Woodbridge Hilton to WBCMT, a securitized lender. The sale was part of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of Inn at Woodbridge Inc. in which Mr. Bruck represented the debtor.
- Mr. Bruck confirmed a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization for Branchburg Commerce Park LLC. The debtor emerged from Chapter 11 with a modified mortgage loan negotiated during the Chapter 11 and will be paying creditors approximately 15% over a number of years. The debtor owns and manages a commercial condominium consisting of office and warehouse space.
Mr. Bruck recently represented the debtor Munire Furniture Company Inc. in a Chapter 11 proceeding in the Trenton Vicinage. Munire was a manufacturer and distributor of children’s furniture. During the process the assets of Munire were sold to Heritage Baby Products LLC.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Bankruptcy Section
- Master, New Jersey Bankruptcy Inn of Court
- Past President, Association of the Federal Bar for the State of New Jersey
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
More Activities & Experience
- Court-Approved Mediator; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, February 15, 2011
- Speaker, Annual MeetingSponsor: New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers, October 15, 2008
- Panelist, Special Issues for Homebuilders in Chapter 11 BankruptcyHot Topics for Home Builders in Bankruptcy, Bloomberg L.P.May 2008
- Panelist, Doing Business in a 'Challenging' Market: How To Weather The Storm and Live To Fight Another DaySponsor: Atlantic Builders Convention, April 2008
- Lecturer, Legal Issues Facing Homebuilders in Chapter 11 BankruptcySponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2008
- Lecturer, Mortgage ForeclosuresSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, Construction Loan WorkoutsSponsor: Professional Education Services
Publications & Alerts
- Co-Author, The Single Asset Real Estate DebtorNew Jersey Law Journal, January 15, 2007
Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, J.D., 1968
Tufts University, B.A., 1965
- New Jersey, 1968
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983