I have learned the importance of knowing when to compromise and when to stand my ground. I view myself as a problem solver, bringing my years of experience to all matters and using my abilities in the best interest of my clients. I pursue a pragmatic approach to resolving conflict in order to achieve the client’s objectives efficiently and achieve a successful resolution without unnecessary cost.
Mr. Bruck's practice focuses primarily in the areas of bankruptcy, reorganization, shareholder disputes and complex distressed corporate transactions. He represents stakeholders in out of court arrangements, restructurings, state court receiverships and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. He is an approved mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey.
With a foundation that includes insolvency proceedings, commercial foreclosures, receiverships, real estate and commercial transactions, Mr. Bruck brings a broad understanding of the dynamics between borrowers, guarantors, landlords, tenants and lenders to his representation of clients in commercial matters including Chapter 11 reorganizations and matters in the Superior and District Courts of New Jersey.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation - Bankruptcy practice areas (2007 – present)
- Selected by Best Lawyers® (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) as 2022 Woodbridge "Lawyer of the Year" in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; as 2020 Woodbridge "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation-Bankruptcy; and as 2017 Woodbridge "Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation-Bankruptcy
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) in the Bankruptcy: Business, Business Litigation, Real Estate: Business, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business and Real Estate: Business practice areas (2012 – present)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (1979 – present)
Please visit our Award Methodology page for a description of the standard or methodology on which these accolades are based. Attorney Advertising: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Mr. Bruck worked closely with members of our real estate group on the sale of the Woodbridge Hilton to WBCMT, a securitized lender. The sale was part of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of Inn at Woodbridge Inc. in which Mr. Bruck represented the debtor.
- Mr. Bruck confirmed a Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization for Branchburg Commerce Park LLC. The debtor emerged from Chapter 11 with a modified mortgage loan negotiated during the Chapter 11 and will be paying creditors approximately 15% over a number of years. The debtor owns and manages a commercial condominium consisting of office and warehouse space.
Mr. Bruck recently represented the debtor Munire Furniture Company Inc. in a Chapter 11 proceeding in the Trenton Vicinage. Munire was a manufacturer and distributor of children’s furniture. During the process the assets of Munire were sold to Heritage Baby Products LLC.
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Bankruptcy Section
- Essex County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bankruptcy American Inn of Court Master
- Turnaround Management Association New Jersey Chapter: Chapter 11 Subgroup
- Federal Bar Association New Jersey Chapter (past President)
More Activities & Experience
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court: District of New Jersey Court-Approved Mediator
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Healthcare Providers and Hospitals in the Age of COVID-19: A Look at Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Issues and StrategiesSponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, NJ Hospital Association, NJ Healthcare Financial Management Association, and Medical Society of NJ, December 1, 2020
- Sponsor: Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP webinar, February 15, 2011
- Speaker, Annual MeetingSponsor: New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers, October 15, 2008
- Panelist, Special Issues for Homebuilders in Chapter 11 BankruptcyHot Topics for Home Builders in Bankruptcy, Bloomberg L.P.May 2008
- Panelist, Doing Business in a 'Challenging' Market: How To Weather The Storm and Live To Fight Another DaySponsor: Atlantic Builders Convention, April 2008
- Lecturer, Legal Issues Facing Homebuilders in Chapter 11 BankruptcySponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2008
- Lecturer, Mortgage ForeclosuresSponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, Construction Loan WorkoutsSponsor: Professional Education Services
Publications & Alerts
- Probate & Property, American Bar Association, November/December 2020
- Author, The Impact of the Bankruptcy Code on the Claims of Contractors and Subcontractors in New JerseyDimensions, Spring 2020
- Author, Potential Bankruptcy Strategies for Stakeholders in Real Estate Transactions; Relevant Provisions of the U.S. Bankruptcy CodeGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 9, 2020
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 31, 2020
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, March 19, 2020
- Co-Author, The Single Asset Real Estate DebtorNew Jersey Law Journal, January 15, 2007
Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, J.D., 1968
Tufts University, B.A., 1965
- New Jersey, 1968
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983