Our strength is in our differences.
Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis strives to support, strengthen and advance diversity and inclusiveness within our firm by creating a workforce that is reflective of our clients, our community, and our culture as a whole. We welcome to our ranks all qualified individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, religion, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
We embrace equal opportunity as a core value. We believe that the collective insights of individuals from diverse backgrounds, with different perspectives, enriches our firm. A diversity of viewpoints and approaches to problem solving enables us to more effectively serve our clients. This blending of cultures and personal experiences lends depth to the character of the firm at large.
A commitment that extends beyond our doors.
The firm actively encourages and supports our attorneys as they participate in professional associations established to advance the progress and development of women and minorities, both within and beyond the legal industry. Our attorneys are active members of numerous organizations which share this common goal, including the Asian Pacific American Lawyers Association of New Jersey, the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association Women in the Profession and Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Rights Sections, CREW Network, Executive Women of New Jersey, the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation New Jersey Network, Garden State Equality and the Professional Women in Construction New Jersey Chapter. Beyond individual memberships and the firm’s sponsorship of significant events, many of our attorneys serve on boards and committees in the highest positions of leadership. A comprehensive list of our leadership roles in these and other organizations can be found here: Leaders in New Jersey
We are a proud founding member of the New Jersey Law Firm Group, a non-profit organization formed twenty years ago to assist minority law students in obtaining employment in the legal profession.
Raising awareness is key.
The firm is steadfast in its belief that proactively shining a spotlight on the issues that impact minorities and women is critical to meeting our diversity goals. In keeping with this philosophy, our attorneys regularly engage in programming, authorship and other initiatives related to those challenges. Some recent examples include:
- Moderating a firm-sponsored program on “Achieving Equality for Minority Attorneys in Federal Court,” presented by the firm in conjunction with the Young Lawyer’s Division of the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey. Press coverage can be found here: New Jersey Law Journal and here: Law360
- Moderating a program entitled “A Woman’s Place Is In the Courtroom” for the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey & the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- Serving as an appointed member of the American Bar Association’s Center for Human Rights
- Leading the presentation “Summit on Women in the Law: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Now, Where Are We Going?” a joint presentation of the Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts and the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Addressing the topic “Women in the Courts: Bench Guide for Addressing Bias in the Courts” for The Judiciary Institute for Staff Attorneys
- Organizing a presentation on “Title IX: Hot Topics” at the New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Convention
- Serving as a professional mentor in a leadership certificate program for aspiring commercial real estate professionals through CREW Network
- Serving on the Board of Directors of Garden State Equality
Connecting the dots on the home front.
The firm established its Women’s Leadership Forum in 2008 to support and mentor the advancement of professional women through educational and networking opportunities.
To further reinforce our commitment to diversity, and in recognition of the significance of promoting diversity within our practice, the firm’s Diversity Committee focuses on the integration of our diversity goals and the firm’s corporate culture. The Committee meets regularly to address topics relevant to the recruitment, retention, and professional growth of minority and women attorneys and staff. The Committee also spearheads internal initiatives to raise awareness and educate our attorneys and staff on issues related to diversity.
Equal Opportunity is a Core Value
Our corporate culture is one of inclusion, with the goal of serving our clients' interests by tapping the insight, perspective and judgment of a diverse workforce.