With a comprehensive knowledge of the legal issues that impact retail automobile clients, the firm’s Automotive Dealership & Franchise Law Practice Group has specialized experience in the representation of dealerships in New Jersey and other states. The group provides legal services that fully meet the needs of modern dealerships, including all aspects of purchase and sale transactions, business and tax planning, financing, real estate and environmental issues, proactive counseling on business issues and factory relations, and complete litigation representation in franchise protests, partnership conflicts, employment matters and other business disputes.
Our representation of clients in this area includes the following:
- Purchase and Sale of Automotive Dealerships
- Facility Upgrade Disputes
- Shareholder and LLC Operating Agreements
- Business Succession Planning
- Management Transitions
- Distressed Dealerships
- Franchise Protests
- Franchise Terminations
- Compensation and ERISA
- Factory Relations
- Contract Negotiations
- Employment Law
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Real Estate and Land Use Issues
- Environmental Compliance
- Regulatory Law
- Class Action Lawsuits
- Representation of a New Jersey-based client with an extensive automotive industry profile in the multi-million dollar purchase of two automobile franchises and related real property located in Georgia. The transaction involved the purchase of a Cadillac franchise, a Mazda franchise, and the real estate on which both dealerships are located in a complex transaction involving numerous real estate, environmental, factory approval, zoning and financing issues.
- Representation of an existing New Jersey automobile dealer in its multi-million dollar purchase of a Hyundai franchise and related real property in southern New Jersey. The transaction involved complex financing issues, real estate and environmental issues, and factory approval matters.
- Representation of over 100 Exxon gasoline station franchises, located throughout New Jersey, in their litigation against ExxonMobil for manipulating the wholesale gasoline marketplace.
- Representation of an automobile dealership at trial and on motions in obtaining a dismissal of claims of employee piracy and interference with restrictive covenants brought by a competitor located approximately eight miles away from the client.
- Representation of a New York dealership in a lawsuit filed by a New Jersey dealer to restrain the opening of an additional dealership. A successful settlement was obtained on our client’s behalf following a two week trial.
- Representation as lead counsel for approximately 40 franchised BP gasoline station owners. The firm successfully obtained an injunction restraining BP from terminating all of its franchises in New Jersey.
- T. firstname.lastname@example.org