Every type of litigation—whether a highly contested divorce dispute or a complex commercial action—presents challenges to the client both professional and personal. To me, being a successful attorney is tied to my ability to prepare my clients not only to face what can be a stressful and emotional journey, but also to embrace what lies beyond with optimism and enthusiasm. That is one of my goals with each client, and part of what makes me an effective advocate.
Mr. Feeney concentrates his practice in the area of family law, and has experience in a wide range of matters impacting divorcing parties and families, including child custody and support, spousal support, domestic violence, asset valuation, the drafting of prenuptial agreements and marital settlement agreements, and appellate practice. He represents clients in financially complex divorce litigation involving high net worth individuals throughout New Jersey, and regularly appears in Essex, Bergen, Passaic, Somerset, Morris, Union, Middlesex, Monmouth and Ocean counties.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© (a trademark of Woodward/White, Inc.) in the Family Law practice area (2021 - present)
- Listed in Super Lawyers – New Jersey Rising Stars (a Thomson Reuters business) in the Family Law practice area (2013, 2017 - 2019)
Please visit our Award Methodology page for a description of the standard or methodology on which these accolades are based. Attorney Advertising: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Family Law Section, Executive Committee
- Essex County Bar Association: Family Law Committee
- Barry Croland Family Law American Inn of Court
- Essex County Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel Volunteer Panelist
- Montville Township Economic Development Committee
- Seton Hall Legislative Journal (past Articles Editor)
More Activities & Experience
- Former Judicial Intern to The Honorable Richard C. Camp, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part (2006)
- Prior to obtaining his law degree, Mr. Feeney worked in the financial services industry for five years after majoring in journalism and economics as an undergraduate
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- Sponsor: New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, November 11, 2021
Publications & Alerts
- Author, Ensuring the Domestic Violence Victim a Means of Communication: Why passing legislation which criminalizes impairing another’s communication is the next logical step in combating domestic violenceSeton Hall Legislative Journal, 2007
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2008
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, B.A., 1999
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2009
- Former law clerk to The Honorable Thomas P. Zampino, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part (2008-2009)