To properly represent a client, a lawyer must understand the client’s goals, desires, fears and motivations. I strive to build lasting relationships with my clients that allow me to develop practical and efficient solutions to the problems they face.
Mr. Croce focuses his practice in the field of healthcare. His work includes representing clients in hospital reimbursement matters before the Department of Health and the Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services. He provides counsel on issues related to contracting, civil litigation and professional licensing matters, and represents a variety of healthcare industry clients including physicians, dentists, hospitals and for-profit and non-profit healthcare systems.
Mr. Croce also has substantial experience defending attorneys and other licensed professionals against claims of malpractice and ethics grievances.
- Represented hospitals in Medicaid rate appeals and Medicaid calculation error appeals
- Represented hospitals in connection with appeals of their Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital subsidy allocations, including appeals of their Graduate Medical Education and Charity Care subsidies
- Represented healthcare providers in connection with commercial payor reimbursement disputes
- Represented hospitals in contract disputes with physicians, physician groups and other service providers
- Represented health care professionals in matters before their professional licensing boards
- Represented physicians in the negotiation of employment agreements
- Represented physician in connection with investigation conducted by New Jersey Office of the Attorney General
- Represented hospital system in responding to investigative subpoena served upon it by the United States Department of Justice
- Represented attorneys in defense of claims of legal malpractice by both clients and non-clients
Publications & Alerts
- Author, HHS Announces Additional Distributions From the Public Health and Social Services Emergency FundGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, June 17, 2020
- Author, Department of Health and Human Services Issues Reimbursement Guidance for Treatment of Uninsured COVID-19 Patients; Opens Uninsured Program PortalGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 28, 2020
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 22, 2020
- Co-Author, Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order 113 Authorizing the Taking of Private Property to Combat the COVID-19 CrisisGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, April 6, 2020
- Co-Author, Title III of the CARES Act: Supporting America’s Health Care System in the Fight Against the CoronavirusGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 31, 2020
- Author, New Jersey Imposes Mandatory Reporting Requirements on Post-Acute Facilities During COVID-19 Crisis: First Reporting Deadline is Today (March 23, 2020) at 5:00pmGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 23, 2020
- NJHFMA’s Garden State Focus Magazine, Spring 2019, Volume 65, No 3
- Co-Author, CMS Issues Its FY 2017 IPPS Final Rule: The Clock Strikes Midnight On The Two Midnight Rule's Payment ReductionsGarden State Focus, Winter 2016, Vol. 63, No. 2