Lydia C. Stefanowicz, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department, will participate in a panel discussion on “Issues for Recipients of Legal Opinions” at the 2015 Fall Legal Opinion Seminar, to be presented by the Working Group on Legal Opinions (WGLO) on Tuesday, October 27, 2015.
The session will focus on current issues that recipients are raising in connection with legal opinions, including:
- the use of the generic exception or “kitchen sink” qualifications
- the use of the bankruptcy and equitable principles qualifications covering security interest and other opinions
- the opinion coverage of acquisition agreements in M&A transactions
- the opinions that English and other non-U.S. lawyers request of U.S. lawyers in cross-border financings
- the opinions requested by recipients in connection with amendments or additional collateral, and the limitations stated in legal opinions on reliance and assertion of rights
The WGLO provides a national forum for the discussion of important issues relating to closing opinions. Participants include opinion givers, opinion recipients, the ABA, state and local bars as well as rating agencies and law firm malpractice insurers.
For additional information, visit http://legalopiniongroup.org/.