Christine F. Li, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department, will be the organizer and moderator of the ”2021 Community Association Law Summit,” to be presented as a live webcast on Wednesday, November 17, 2021, from 9:00am – 4:00pm by the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education (NJICLE), in cooperation with the New Jersey State Bar Association Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section and the Community Associations Institute, New Jersey Chapter (CAI-NJ).
This popular seminar is being offered for the eleventh consecutive year. A panel of community association practitioners and consultants will analyze key issues faced by community associations, including the efforts of associations to overcome racism and other forms of discrimination and bias within the diverse populations of common interest communities.
The program agenda will address the following issues:
- Born of Necessity, Here to Stay: Remote Meetings and Electronic Elections
- Association Insurance Coverage: Risks, Waivers, and Immunity
- Strategies for Relief: Financial Hardships of Associations and the Liability of Owners
- Overcoming Discrimination and Fostering Inclusion in Communities
- The Impact of a Pandemic on Association Operations and Management: What to Expect Going Forward
- Neighbor vs. Neighbor: Litigating Odor, Noise, Smoke and Other Disputes
- Cost or Benefit of Returning to the New Normal
- Recent Developments and What the Future Holds – Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, Cannabis, “Radburn” Regulations, Immunity, and more
- Reconciling Social Networking and Attorney Ethics
Ms. Li is Chair of the firm’s Community Association and Planned Real Estate Practice Groups. Her work encompasses new construction condominium and subdivided lot communities, the conversion of rental properties to the condominium form of ownership, mixed-use developments, commercial and business condominiums, workouts of distressed communities, community association law, and the registration of planned real estate developments with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA).
Additional program details and registration on the NJICLE website.