Steven Nudelman, Chair of the firm’s Construction Contracting & Risk Management Practice Group, will be on the faculty for a “Construction Contract Workshop,” to be presented as a live webinar by Halfmoon Education on Thursday, February 10, 2022 from 10:00am – 5:00pm (ET).
Mr. Nudelman will lecture at two segments of this full-day workshop, covering the following topics:
- Examining Legal Issues and Contract Disputes
- Changed conditions
- Project documentation
- Delays, acceleration
- Handling payment claims and final payments
- Resolving disputes through mediation, arbitration, litigation
- Understanding contractual and statutory warranties
- Handling Ethical Issues in Construction Contracting
- Promoting impartial, merit-based award of construction contracts
- Ensuring honesty, integrity, fair-dealing and quality assurance
- Creating a system of internal practices promoting contract compliance and ethical practices
A partner in the firm’s Litigation and Real Estate Departments, Mr. Nudelman has represented members of the construction industry across a broad spectrum of matters for over 25 years. He works with owners and developers, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors and design professionals to prepare and negotiate contract documents for construction in the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area. Mr. Nudelman drafts, modifies and negotiates customized contracts, as well as contracts based on standard industry forms from groups such as the American Institute of Architects, ConsensusDocs and Design Build Institute of America. Mr. Nudelman’s construction contracting work helps his clients manage the risk inherent in construction projects so they may adequately protect their interests now to avoid claims and disputes in the future. When claims and disputes are unavoidable, Mr. Nudelman draws upon his wide-ranging experience in construction litigation, representing clients in state and federal courts throughout the New Jersey/New York metropolitan area, as well as in local and international mediations and arbitrations.
Additional program details and registration on the Halfmoon website.