Steven Nudelman, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, will be on the faculty for a “Construction Contract Workshop” on Thursday, January 17, 2018. The program, presented by Halfmoon Education, will be held in Secaucus, NJ from 8:30am – 5:00pm.
Mr. Nudelman will lecture at two segments of this full-day workshop, covering the following topics:
8:30am – 10:00am – Understanding Construction Contract Essentials
- Examining contract terminology: parties, consideration, term, performance, substantial performance, breach, remedies, damages
- Studying roles and relationships of project participants: owners, architects/engineers, construction managers, contractors, subs and suppliers
- Understanding the project delivery system: traditional design-bid-build, design-build, construction manager at risk, multiple prime contractor, owner control
- Understanding types of construction contracts: lump sum, cost plus, time and materials, unit pricing
- Exploring the law of construction contract interpretation
10:15am – 11:00am – Examining Legal Issues and Contract Disputes
- Changed conditions
- Project documentation
- Delays, acceleration
- Handling payment claims and final payments
- Resolving disputes through mediation, arbitration, litigation
- Understanding contractual and statutory warranties
Mr. Nudelman concentrates his practice in construction law and the representation of members of the construction industry across a broad spectrum of matters. His clients include owners, contractors, design professionals, subcontractors and suppliers involved in public and private construction projects throughout New Jersey. He also represents community associations, unit owners and developers in lawsuits involving construction defects, budgeting and financing issues, and condominium governance.
Additional program details and registration at Construction Contract Workshop.