Ann M. Waeger, a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department, is a member of the faculty for a presentation on “Emerging Issues in Environmental Insurance.” The New York State Bar Association program will be held on October 30, 2014 from 9:00am – 1:00pm at the offices of Latham & Watkins LLP, 885 Third Avenue, New York, and will be simultaneously broadcast via webcast.
The program faculty will address issues of interest to environmental and real estate attorneys and in-house counsels engaged in commercial transactions, risk managers, insurance brokers, and underwriters involved in environmental matters. The panelists for this presentation are environmental and real estate law practitioners and senior representatives of leading environmental insurance carriers.
The agenda includes:
- An update on the state of the environmental insurance marketplace
- The carriers view of emerging environmental insurance coverage issues and claims trends
- A review of environmental insurance products and industry trends
- Practical tips in environmental insurance for transactions
- Lessons learned on maximizing environmental coverage in the claims process and minimizing disputes with carriers
Ms. Waeger’s real estate practice has a special focus on environmental issues in the transactional setting, including leases and agreements of sale, and the use of environmental insurance policies as a risk management tool. She handles the oversight and negotiation of environmental insurance claims and the review, analysis, and negotiation of environmental insurance policies. Ms. Waeger’s clients include leading real estate developers, property and business owners, landlords, tenants, manufacturers, lenders, and REITS.
Additional information and registration details can be found here