Jack Fersko, co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department, will be a presenter for the American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law’s webinar series “Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate 2016.” Mr. Fersko will be a speaker for Section 4 of the series, which focuses on the topic of leasing, scheduled for April 27, 2016 from 1:00pm – 2:30pm (Eastern).
This webinar series, co-sponsored by the ABA’s Solo, Small Firm and General Practice and Young Lawyers Divisions, is a comprehensive introduction to commercial real estate transactions. The series presents 90 minute segments devoted to the topics of financing, title insurance, operating agreements, leasing and legal opinions.
Mr. Fersko and his co-presenters are the current and former Chairs of the Section’s Leasing Group. They will provide basic information and drafting tips on major lease provisions that need to be addressed in all leases, including the following:
- Preparing the space for the tenant's occupancy – which party will be responsible
- The Tenant's use – whether it will be broad or limited
- Which party is responsible for complying with laws
- Utilities and other building services, and who's providing them
- The parties' ongoing maintenance, repair, and alteration rights and obligations
- Premises liability, insurance, and indemnity risk allocations
- Securing the tenant's (and the landlord's) performance
- The parties' respective default remedies
Mr. Fersko’s practice reflects his extensive experience as a commercial real estate and general business lawyer. His legal services emphasize industrial and commercial real estate activities, with a particular focus on industrial leasing, project financing, sustainable development and alternative energy initiatives, urban redevelopment, and the impact of environmental laws on commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and redevelopment of environmentally contaminated sites. He has successfully negotiated numerous real estate agreements involving complex environmental transactional issues and related insurance agreements.
Registration and additional program details can be found here.