Barry S. Goodman, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department and Chair of the Real Estate Brokerage Practice Group, will be a panelist for the webinar “Hot Topics in Residential Real Estate Law 2020 - Strategies to Get Through the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond,” which will be presented on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 from 9:00am – 3:30pm by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
The law governing residential real estate transactions continues to evolve. Each year, new difficulties present themselves, and the past months of buying and selling real estate in a COVID world have created many new concerns. Mr. Goodman will lecture on brokerage issues, including the issue of an attorney who is also a real estate licensee. Other topics to be addressed during this presentation include:
- Foreclosure and bankruptcy issues in real estate following COVID-19
- Appraisals and lending options following COVID-19
- Private Well Testing Act and well water agreements
- What to look out for when buying in an association
- An update on the status in the courts and procedures and new legislation impacting landlord tenant law
- Real estate litigation; actions to quiet title
- Recognizing and avoiding ethical dilemmas
Mr. Goodman focuses his practice in commercial litigation, with a particular concentration in real estate and real estate brokerage issues and municipal law. Throughout his career, a number of Mr. Goodman’s cases have resulted in published opinions that set precedents in New Jersey. Mr. Goodman is approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Real Estate Commission as a New Jersey Real Estate Continuing Education Instructor. He lectures frequently to the real estate brokerage community and other industry organizations throughout the state and has written extensively on topics related to real estate brokerage law.
Additional program details and registration at: Hot Topics in Residential Real Estate Law Webinar