Jack Fersko, co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department, will be a presenter for a live webinar on “The Impacts of the Coronavirus Pandemic on Commercial Leases,” to be presented via Zoom webinar on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm (ET) by the American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law (RPTE) Commercial Real Estate Transactions Group.
The webinar will explore how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted commercial property leases and will address issues including:
- Force majeure clauses within the context of COVID-19
- Impossibility, impracticability, and frustration of purpose as defenses to performance in the absence of a force majeure clause
- Tenant and landlord perspectives
- Lease workout issues
- Business Interruption Insurance and related case law
- COVID-19 lawsuits asserting force majeure and other issues
- Tips for drafting leases going forward
Mr. Fersko is a Real Property Council Member and co-chairs the RPTE Section’s Committee on Groups and Substantive Committees. His practice reflects his extensive experience as a commercial real estate and general business lawyer. His legal services emphasize industrial and commercial real estate activities, with a particular focus on industrial leasing, project financing, sustainable development and alternative energy initiatives, urban redevelopment, and the impact of environmental laws on commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and redevelopment of environmentally contaminated sites.