Jack Fersko, Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department and Cannabis Industry Practice Group, will be a speaker for a presentation on the “Latest Developments in Cannabis Law” on Thursday, October 28, 2021 from 9:00am – 12:35pm. The program will be presented live at the New Jersey Law Center and will also be available for viewing as a live webinar.
The world of cannabis law is continuously evolving. This program will provide updates on some of the latest developments in cannabis law, including the recently issued regulations. Topics to be discussed include:
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission Update
- Personal Use Cannabis Regulations
- What’s in the regulations?
- How do they impact upon CREAMA?
- How do they effect licensing applications?
- What’s missing and needs clarification?
- Municipalities, Mayors and Town Councils
- Opt-in or Out-Out -- What it means and how it works?
- Cannabis Review Boards
- Representation of Townships
- Panel of Township Officials
- Corporate and Real Estate Transactions
- Acquisition and disposition of a cannabis operation
- Asset and equity transactions
- Overview of the real estate considerations when acquiring real property for, and when leasing to or by, a cannabis operation
Mr. Fersko is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Cannabis Law Special Committee. His practice reflects his extensive experience as a commercial real estate and general business lawyer. His legal services emphasize industrial and commercial real estate activities, with a particular focus on industrial leasing, project financing, sustainable development and alternative energy initiatives, urban redevelopment, and the impact of environmental laws on commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition and redevelopment of environmentally contaminated sites. In response to the enactment of an adult-use recreational program, and the expansion of New Jersey’s legal medical marijuana program, Mr. Fersko is prepared to meet the needs of both existing and future clients by providing counsel related to the business and legal impacts of a New Jersey-based cannabis industry.
Additional information and registration details are available on the NJICLE website.