Steven Nudelman, Chair of the firm’s Construction Contracting & Risk Management Practice Group, will be on the faculty for the live webinar “Legal Issues Involving COVID-19 and Construction Contracts,” to be presented by Halfmoon Education on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 from 2:00pm – 4:00pm (ET).
The agenda for this presentation will include the following topics:
- The legal concept of force majeure, including the definition developed through common law and case law
- Different types of force majeure clauses and the benefits/detriments of each
- Relief for force majeure and treatment of the clause by courts in different jurisdictions
- Contractual notice provisions and their effect on claims relating to COVID-19
- The imposition of liquidated damages in the context of COVID-19
- Indemnification and insurance
- Site safety
- Suspension or termination for convenience
- Consequential damages
A partner in the firm’s Litigation and Real Estate Departments, Mr. Nudelman has represented members of the construction industry across a broad spectrum of matters for over 25 years. He works with owners and developers, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors and design professionals to prepare and negotiate contract documents for construction in the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area. Mr. Nudelman drafts, modifies and negotiates customized contracts, as well as contracts based on standard industry forms from groups such as the American Institute of Architects, ConsensusDocs and Design Build Institute of America. Mr. Nudelman’s construction contracting work helps his clients manage the risk inherent in construction projects so they may adequately protect their interests now to avoid claims and disputes in the future. When claims and disputes are unavoidable, Mr. Nudelman draws upon his wide-ranging experience in construction litigation, representing clients in state and federal courts throughout the New Jersey/New York metropolitan area, as well as in local and international mediations and arbitrations.
Additional program details and registration on the Halfmoon website.