Steven Nudelman, Chair of the firm’s Construction Contracting & Risk Management Practice Group, will speak at the live webinar “New Jersey Construction Law,” to be presented by Halfmoon Education on Friday, November 12, 2021. The morning session is 8:00am – 12:15pm, and the afternoon session is 12:45pm – 5:30pm.
Mr. Nudelman will participate in two segments of this webinar:
“Facilitating the Project with Effective Construction Contracting” will cover:
- Understanding the legal rights/duties of project participants: owners, contractors, design services firms, subcontractors and suppliers
- Understanding your project delivery system: design-bid-build, design-build, construction manager, construction manager-at-risk
- Using standard or custom contract documents: AIA, Consensus Docs, others
- Understanding key contract concepts and terms: performance, breach, warranties, guarantees, indemnity, damages
- Modifying contracts and selecting dispute resolution mechanisms
“Making Changes and Resolving Disputes during the Construction Process” will cover:
- Making changes to the contract and contracted work
- The contract change clause
- Types of changes: ordered and constructive changes
- Requirements for making changes
- Liability issues
- Solving problems during the construction process
- Site conditions, delays, disruption, acceleration, accidents
Mr. Nudelman concentrates his practice in construction law as a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Real Estate Departments. For over 25 years he has represented members of the construction industry across a broad spectrum of matters. On the transactional side, he works with owners and developers, construction managers, general contractors, subcontractors and design professionals to prepare and negotiate contract documents for construction in the New Jersey and New York metropolitan area. Mr. Nudelman’s construction contracting work helps his clients manage the risk inherent in construction projects so they may adequately protect their interests now to avoid claims and disputes in the future.
Registration and additional details on the Halfmoon website.