Barry S. Goodman, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department and Chair of the Real Estate Brokerage Practice Group, is a presenter for a live webinar on real estate license law which will focus on an important piece of pending legislation, bill A2726/S430. The webcast will be presented by New Jersey REALTORS® on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, beginning at 10:30am.
This legislation could change the real estate license law and have a beneficial impact on the business of realtors throughout New Jersey. If passed, the bill will:
- Remove the category of referral licenses and create referral companies to be in line with the Federal Unemployment Tax Act
- Prohibit tier 2 and 3 sex offenders from receiving a license
- Clarify the licensees can be an employee or independent contractor
- Eliminate correspondence courses for continuing education
- Add two new core topics of continuing education for safety and financial learning
Mr. Goodman is General Counsel for New Jersey REALTORS®. He lectures frequently to the real estate brokerage community and other industry organizations throughout the state, and has written extensively on topics related to real estate brokerage law. He focuses his practice in commercial litigation, with a particular concentration in real estate and real estate brokerage issues and municipal law. Mr. Goodman is approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance Real Estate Commission as a New Jersey Real Estate Continuing Education Instructor.