Brian R. Selvin, a partner in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will be on the faculty for the two-day seminar “Using Trusts in Estate Planning and Asset Protection,” to be presented on November 13 & 14, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights. The program will run from 9:00am – 4:30pm on both days, and is sponsored by the National Business Institute.
Mr. Selvin will lecture on the topic of "Tax Planning with Trust" which will address:
- An Update on Tax Changes
- Identifying Account vs. Taxable Income
- Assessing Tax Consequences of Distributions
- Minimizing Tax Penalties for Trusts in Estate Administration
Additionally, Mr. Selvin will lecture on "Asset Protection Trusts: Maximizing the Effectiveness" and will address:
- When to Use a DAPT
- Choosing a Favorable Jurisdiction
- Drafting the Spendthrift Provisions
- Strengthening Creditor Protection
- Ensuring Tax Compliance
Mr. Selvin concentrates his practice in the areas of estate and tax planning, estate administration, probate and trust litigation, wills and trusts, business succession planning, and tax controversy before federal and state tax authorities as well as federal and state Tax Courts.
Additional details and registration at: http://bit.ly/2N4OnVL