Brian R. Selvin, a partner in the firm’s Tax, Trusts & Estates Department, will lecture on “Wills and Estate Planning” on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 7:00 – 9:00pm. The program, open to the public, will be presented by the New Jersey State Bar Foundation at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick.
This free-of-charge seminar will cover various topics related to estate planning, including:
- Types of wills, trusts, annual gifting
- Special concerns for closely held businesses
- Unusual assets such as special collections and other tangible personal property
- Retirement assets including tax-deferred benefits
- Planning for incapacity: revocable trusts, Medicaid planning
- Federal exemptions for gift and estate taxes
- State death taxes
- New Jersey estate tax exemptions
- New Jersey inheritance tax
Mr. Selvin concentrates his practice in the areas of estate and tax planning, estate administration, probate and trust litigation, wills and trusts, business succession planning, and tax controversy before federal and state tax authorities as well as federal and state Tax Courts.