Our partner Robert Beckelman, a partner in Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP’s Real Estate Department, played a key role, as a member of the New Jersey Builders Association Redevelopment Committee, in the recent drafting of an important piece of legislation which seeks to boost economic growth and jumpstart building initiatives by amending New Jersey’s existing redevelopment law.
A3615 / S2447 has been introduced in both houses of the Legislature, under the advocacy of the New Jersey Builder’s Association. The bill seeks to address issues brought to light by recent case law, by amending certain provisions of the Local Redevelopment and Housing Law (LRHL), and to address concerns relating to the use of eminent domain and due process and notice issues.
Mr. Beckelman, serving as lead author of the bill, worked with fellow Committee members to produce a straight-forward and balanced piece of legislation that would garner support both within and outside of the development community. The bill is scheduled for hearings before the Assembly Commerce and Economic Development Committee and the Senate Community and Urban Affairs Committee, on February 7, 2013 and February 11, 2013, respectively. Mr. Beckelman is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department and a member of our Redevelopment, Land Use and Environmental Practice Groups. His practice is focused on the representation of developers and property owners in connection with land use and zoning matters and disputes, serving as special redevelopment and litigation counsel to municipalities, and representing clients in general commercial and civil litigation matters.
- Practice Groups
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Automotive Dealership & Franchise Law
- Banking & Financial Services Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Community Association
- Construction Contracting & Risk Management Practice Group
- Construction Disputes Practice Group
- Criminal Defense & Regulatory Compliance
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Energy, Renewable Resources & Sustainable Development
- Financial Incentives & Economic Development Practice Group
- Higher Education
- Planned Real Estate
- Product Liability
- Real Estate & Commercial Financing Transactions
- Real Estate Brokerage
- News & Events