The most important aspect of my job is to guide clients through the stressful and often confusing litigation process. At the start of every case, I work closely with the client to determine a reasonable outcome that will work for them, and to then set a course to achieve that goal.
Mr. Hennessey concentrates his practice in civil litigation. His experience encompasses the representation of public entities and private businesses in both state and federal court, including commercial matters, personal injury cases, constitutional claims and business disputes.
In addition, Mr. Hennessey has experience conducting internal investigations related to complaints of hostile work environment, discrimination, harassment and retaliation under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD) and the Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA), as well as other claims of employee or managerial impropriety.
Mr. Hennessey's litigation experience includes arguing dispositive motions, defending and taking depositions, and drafting briefs for the Appellate Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Assisted in drafting appellate briefs which resulted in the Appellate Division upholding the trial court's grant of summary judgment in a matter involving a trip and fall on public property
- Assisted in drafting appellate briefs which resulted in the Appellate Division upholding the trial court's grant of summary judgment in respect to a New Jersey municipality's denial of reimbursement for health insurance premiums
More Activities & Experience
- While attending law school, Mr. Hennessey was an Associate Editor of the Rutgers Business Law Review
- As a legal intern during law school, Mr. Hennessey gained experience in the areas of local government law, commercial law, real estate law and personal injury litigation
Rutgers University School of Law - Newark, J.D., 2016
Rutgers University, B.A., 2012
- New Jersey, 2017
- New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2017
- Former law clerk to The Honorable James R. Paganelli, Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County (2016-2017)