As an environmental attorney, it’s important to find creative ways to address complex problems. I often find myself thinking ten steps down the line to ensure that my clients’ business needs and objectives will be fully satisfied, both now and in the future.
Mr. Scott's environmental law practice emphasizes transactions and regulatory compliance. He provides counsel on environmental issues that arise in real estate transactions, including hazardous waste and groundwater contamination, underground storage tanks, and the cleanup and remediation of contaminated sites.
Mr. Scott has assisted in the representation of private equity firms, manufacturers, retailers, lenders and developers in mergers, divestitures, acquisitions, and the purchase and sale of commercial and industrial real estate properties. His experience includes environmental due diligence and the negotiation of environmental provisions in purchase and sale, stock purchase, and environmental indemnity agreements. His background also encompasses the analysis and management of environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks, the oversight of environmental compliance audits, and compliance with the New Jersey Spill Compensation and Control Act, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), and other federal and state environmental statutes.
Honors & Awards
- While attending law school, recipient of Academic Excellence Award in Legal Analysis and Writing (2012)
- As an undergraduate, member of Alpha Xi Sigma Honors Society (2009 - 2012)
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Section
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council
More Activities & Experience
- Member, New York State Bar Association Environmental Law Section; Environmental Business Transactions Committee; Environmental Insurance Committee; Hazardous Waste/Site Remediation Committee
- Articles Editor (2014 - 2015) and Staff Editor (2013 - 2014), Vermont Journal of Environmental Law
Publications & Alerts
- Contributor, Commercial Real Estate Transactions in New JerseyNew Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 4th Edition, 2019
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, June 10, 2019
- Author, Recent NJ Appellate Division Ruling Expands Eligible Parties for Innocent Party Grants Under the Brownfield ActGreenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, October 11, 2017