I approach each matter in a creative but practical manner in order to develop an efficient plan that will achieve an optimal outcome for the client. I enjoy working closely with my clients to understand their business objectives and achieve their goals while reducing their risk.
Ms. Kavendek concentrates her practice in commercial and residential real estate, including the representation of clients in transactional matters and real estate litigation. Her experience encompasses the representation of both public and private sector clients, including property owners, developers, landlords, tenants, lenders, servicers and governmental entities. Ms. Kavendek has extensive experience with drafting, negotiating, and litigating commercial and residential lease agreements. She handles the drafting and negotiation of contracts and other commercial agreements and provides risk management, general business and compliance guidance, as well as litigation counseling.
Ms. Kavendek has additional experience related to the resolution and litigation of construction disputes, creditors' rights matters, and issues in the workplace. She has represented clients in federal, state and municipal courts, and before the Office of Administrative Law. She has also represented clients in trials and appellate proceedings, and has petitioned the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Honors & Awards
- Ms. Kavendek was the recipient of a Gold Congressional Award
- While attending law school, she received a Faculty Merit Scholarship and an Alumnus First Year Recognition Award
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
More Activities & Experience
- New York State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section, Young Lawyers Division
- National Baseball Arbitration Competition (2015)
- Moot Court Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution; Founding Member (2014-2015)
Publications & Alerts
- Author, The Positive and Negative Consequences of The European Union Court of Justice’s Amazon Decision onInternational Private Copying and AmericaCatholic University Law Review, Vol. 63, Issue 3, Spring 2014
The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2015
George Mason University, B.S. cum laude, 2012
- New Jersey, 2015
- New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2016
- District of Columbia, 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2021