Being an attorney has opened many doors for me on a personal level. One of the most significant of those opportunities is this career has enabled me to counsel not-for-profit animal rescue organizations, because animal welfare is a deep personal concern for me.
Ms. Schneller’s practice is focused on transactional real estate. She counsels clients on matters related to the sale, purchase and leasing of commercial and industrial real estate properties, including properties with environmental issues. Her practice addresses a wide range of transactional issues, including easement and access agreements, loan transactions, obligations related to real estate transfer fees, mansion taxes, bulk sale issues, title commitments and surveys and riparian grant applications. She often serves as local counsel on the review of sale, purchase and related agreements, including loan documents.
Ms. Schneller is experienced in the formation of business entities, including the preparation of operating, shareholder and asset sale agreements, as well as advising corporate clients in day-to-day operational matters. She also represents clients in matters related to estate planning, estate and trust administration.
- Representation of the borrower in a $2 million mortgage loan refinancing of an industrial building.
- Acted as local counsel in multiple purchase transactions and specifically advised on issues relating to the New Jersey realty transfer fee, mansion tax and controlling interest transfer tax.
- Representation of a family in the sale of commercial property. Over many years, the family had transferred interests in the property via wills and trusts, which resulted in complex analysis of ownership of the commercial property at the time of sale. The numerous transfers by family members were not documented by deeds.
- Handled the financing and title issues related to the acquisition of the real estate for an automobile dealership in Wall Township.
- Ms. Schneller played a key role in one of the largest portfolio sales of industrial real estate to be completed in New Jersey in several years as a member of the firm’s real estate team representing affiliated entities of Avidan Management LLC as the sellers of approximately 2.6 million square feet of office and warehouse space located in South Brunswick, Edison, Elizabeth and Bayonne. The high-value transaction, which closed in late August 2012, involved the acquisition of a nine-building portfolio of properties, including office, light industrial, cold storage and bulk distribution space, by Cohen Asset Management Inc., an industrial and commercial real estate investment firm. The firm’s team negotiated five power purchase agreements covering over 6 MWs of solar production on behalf of Avidan, a leading solar developer in the New Jersey market who has worked closely with our real estate group on a number of alternative energy projects in the past. The deal was closed in 2012 and the project led to the team being named Finalists for the Industrial Deal of the Year by NAIOP New Jersey Chapter in 2013.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association; Special Committee on Animal Law
More Activities & Experience
- Counsel to The Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, a foundation dedicated to rescuing and retraining thoroughbred race horses.
- While attending law school, Ms. Schneller was Managing Editor of the Woman’s Annotated Legal Bibliography at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Publications & Alerts
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP 2018 Real Estate Update: Trending Issues & Topics of Interest, February 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, February 2018
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2017
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2016
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP Client Alert, March 2015
New York University School of Law, L.L.M in Taxation, 1993
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1987
St. John’s University, Criminal Justice
- New Jersey, 1987
- New York, 1988