Robert J. Flanagan III, a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department and co-chair of the Community Associations Practice Group, will be on the faculty for the “2019 High-Rise Summit,” to be presented by the Community Associations Institute New Jersey Chapter (CAI-NJ) on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. The program will be held at the Liberty House Restaurant, inside Liberty State Park in Jersey City from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
This panel discussion on harassment in residential community management will address issues faced by boards, community managers, committees, homeowners and business partners in high-rise communities. Topics will include:
- How to differentiate between a nuisance and harassment
- When should the police be notified?
- When should use of amenities be restricted?
- How and why to create a harassment policy, including anti-nuisance provisions
- When should a claim be filed?
- What should be included in the insurance policy and what documents should be retained?
- An overview of problems and solutions, including a cheat sheet on harassment
- What should be considered as inappropriate behavior and what should be documented?
- Real situations and how these situations were resolved in real life
Mr. Flanagan concentrates his practice in litigation and community association law. He serves as general counsel to a number of condominium and homeowners associations. His experience is focused in the areas of banking and creditors’ rights, white collar criminal defense, landlord-tenant disputes, personal injury, debt collection and commercial litigation.
Additional program details and registration at: 2019 High-Rise Summit